Language Proficiency Assessment Policy Sept 24, 2014
Name of Policy Implementation Date
Dr. TCM Yin, Principal July 24, 2014
Position(s) Responsible for Administering this Policy Date of Last Revision
Instruction at Oshio College of Acupuncture and Herbology is conducted in English. International students whose first language is not the language of instruction are required to undergo a Language Proficiency Assessment prior to enrolment in order to ensure they have the language abilities necessary to successfully complete the program of their choice. Language proficiency requirements are admission requirements and may not be waived by either the institution or the student. The following are accepted:
For the Tui Na, Acupuncture, TCMP, or DR. TCM program:
* Proficiency in oral and written English proven by interview (telephone or Skype is acceptable), or by one of the following:
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 80/120
• Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) with a minimum score of 625
• Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test (CAEL) with a minimum score of 70
• International English Language Testing (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.
• LPI from Camosun College, with a minimum score of 4.
International students whose first language is not English are required to have a telephone or Skype interview with our college or to submit their results from one of the above Language proficiency tests, with scores at or higher than the above recommended scores.