And modern methods to ancient techniques
Bringing ancient wisdom to modern medicine
Victoria's premier school of acupuncture
Come learn at
Click here to learn how
Learn How to Heal
The Natural Way
Well Stocked Herbal Pharmacy
Instruction at Oshio College of Acupuncture and Herbology is conducted in English. Students whose first language is not the language of instruction are required to undergo a Language Proficiency Assessment prior to enrolment in order to ensure they have the language abilities necessary to successfully complete the program of their choice. Language proficiency requirements are admission requirements and may not be waived by either the institution or the student. The following are accepted:
Effective September, 2014:
For the Tui Na, Acupuncture, TCMP, or DR. TCM program:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 80/120
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) with a minimum score of 625
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test (CAEL) with a minimum score of 70, or
- International English Language Testing (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5.
- LPI from Camosun College, with a minimum score of 4.
Students whose first language is not English are required to submit their results from one of the above Language proficiency tests, with scores at or higher than the above recommended scores.